Thursday, June 18, 2009

IMPACT DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 2009


It seems like just yesterday that I got back from Vanuatu.  Now I will be leaving for the Dominican Republic in less than 7 hours from now.  One may think that I would be worn down, beat-up, washed-out and not ready to leave the country again, but actually I feel quite the opposite.  I'm pumped!  Ali (my soon to be wife) and I will be leading a trip of 19 high school kids from Nappanee Missionary Church to Moca, Dominican Republic.  These kids are amazing!  I have already grown to enjoy every moment with them throughout the vigorous training process that started in January.  I have seen some amazing strides in each of the kids thus far and can only imagine how God is going to "rock their world" in the DR.  My parents and Kathy Brown will also be leading this venture as we minister to and with the Dominicans from June 22 to July 2.

If you read this post please pray for these kids.  Pray that they will be open and obedient to the Holy Spirit's leading.  As we ended our final meeting last night with communion, sharing, and prayer I sensed that the Holy Spirit is going to manifest Himself in a powerful way on this trip.  It is my prayer that we (the team) will not get in the way.  The verse in Proverbs 16 keeps coming to mind, "A man plans his course, but the Lord directs his path."  We have surely planned our course as a team.  We will be doing VBS, door-to-door evangelism, dramas, testimonies, and prayer walks.  Even though we have planned our course we never want to get in the way of the path the Holy Spirit wants us to take.  Please pray that the kids will begin understanding the importance of listening prayer and then obeying the Spirit's leading (even when it seems uncomfortable).  Please pray that the leaders will know how to push the students out of their comfort zones without pushing them over the edge.

I will be updating this blog through twitter (every day) and posts (every couple days) during the next 2 weeks.  The twitter tweets will be acting as a "preview" for what the kids are about to do and the blog posts will be acting as a "review" of what has been happening.  Please forgive me as I am not as dedicated as Derry at keeping everyone informed on our every move :)  

Thanks again for all your prayers.  Keep checking this blog to know more detailed ways to be praying.  Dios te bendiga! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment