Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ready and Waiting...

Sam (the "AIM" guy that is helping set all this up... fluent in Spanish) and I have been here in Moca, DR for the last few days gettings things all set up. We have worked on all the logistical side of things regarding VBS, door-to-door evangelism, street ministry, big out reach nights, bus pick ups, meals, hotel, etc. etc. etc. It has been exhausting working on all these "logistical" things, but it will be worth it when the kids get down here and we get to see how God transforms their lives in these few short days. Sam and I are ready for the kids to be here! We are excited about the ministry opportunities ahead of us. It is going to be an intense week as we will be on the GO from 6:30 a.m. until bedtime. Pray for energy and more energy! The people of the DR are very excited. We explained to some of them in church today that our kids are giving up summer break/vacation to come be with them. That is "abnormal" for the "normal" high school kid. I am very proud of our kids! I guess you could kind of call me a proud father... hey, that works perfect because it is Father's Day today! Pray for well executed travel as the kids leave tonight! Adios!

Happy Father's Day to all papas!

Kory

2 comments:

  1. Kory- We are praying for you bro! In HIS grip...Paul and Tonya Condry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I found the blog!! This works much better than texting! I can't wait to read stories about the trip! I'm praying for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete